On this page you will be able to find all the information about the Ski-trip 2021 to Risoul in France in collaboration with the VCSVU! If you still have a question, please do not hesitate to e-mail the committee, firstname.lastname@example.org, or to just contact one of the committee members directly via WhatsApp.
The registration will be opened on Monday 21st of September at 12.00h. In contrast to previous years registration it is only possible to register for a limited time, namely until Thursday 16 December the latest. It is also not possible to unsubscribe, as the registration will be done via the travel organization Husk. More information about this will follow. However, after the 16th of December it is still possible to switch your spot with someone else. So if you are suddenly unable to join the trip, you can find a replacement before the 12th of January.
When are we going?
The ACDxVCSVU Ski-trip 2021 will take place from Thursday evening 28 January until Monday morning 1 February. We will leave from a central location in Amsterdam, between Science Park and the VU campus. We will drive through the night to Risoul, where we go skiing or snowboarding for three full days. On the third day, Sunday night, we will leave Risoul, drive through the night and arrive back in Amsterdam on Monday morning.
What are the costs?
The costs for the ski-trip will be €379,- and the payment will be done directly to Husk (so you do not have to transfer anything to the ACD). This amount includes:
- Bus transfer
- Breakfast & dinner (2x)
- Totally Yeti-card: always 0,5L beer for €4,-
This price can only deviate if you want rent snowboard materials or if you have your own ski/snowboard equipment:
- Snowboard material: addition of €20,- (total €399,-)
- Own materials: discount of €35,- (total €344,-)
Where are we going?
We will travel to Risoul in France. Risoul is known to be a great place for students. We will be staying in appartments with 4-person rooms. Next to the appartments there is a large restaurant, La Grotte du Yeti, where we will be able to have breakfast, dinner and go out at night for the après-ski (only of course if the corona rules allow it). For a map of the pistes you can click here.
Of course there is the possibility that this beautiful weekend has to be cancelled because of the corona measurements. The committee has definitely been taking this into consideration while planning the trip. We will try to keep this page as up-to-date as possible with all of the agreements we have with Husk. Be sure to check out the websites of the ANVR and the SGR, where Husk is affiliated with.
- Is the trip cancelled because of the corona rules in either France and/or the Netherlands, than every participant is refunded 100% of the payed travel sum.
- Does code orange apply in France? Than the trip is cancelled and you are refunded 100% of the travel sum.
- Does France change to code orange while we are there? Husk has ‘repatriation guarantee’, which means we can travel home.
- Do we have to wear a protective mouth mask on the bus? Yes, the touring car company follows the rules that apply for public transport. This is your own responsibility. The fines are also only for the people that do not follow the rules. You can take off your mouth-mask to eat and drink
- If you decide to cancel your participation because of corona, then it is all dependent on your own travel and/or cancellation insurance whether or not you are refunded your travel sum.
- Are you unable to join the trip but you have someone to replace you? You can switch your spot until the 12th of January, but sending an e-mail to the committee.
Will I not miss any lectures?
It is of course very nice if you do not miss any lectures because of this weekend. For this reason we work together with the programmes at the UvA and the VU to make sure these days are cleared of lectures.
Bachelor students: there are no lectures planned on 29th of January. Second years are following project 1 and they can do their presentations on Thursday. Be sure to talk about this with your supervisors. The same applies for the third years, who are writing their literature thesis. You will have to hand in your thesis one day earlier to join the trip.
Master students: there are no lectures planned on the 29th of January for the Molecular Sciences track students.
The schedule for the members of the VCSVU is being taken care of by the board. Updates soon.
Terms and Conditions
Here you can find the English Terms and Conditions for the Ski-trip 2021 organized by the wintersportcommissie of the ACD and the VCSVU.
Maartje van Rijn
Lisa de Jong
Martijn ten Brink